Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Noosphere

Teilhard is the father of the noosphere. Noosphere is the "sphere of human thought." It is an anology for atmostphere and biosphere. Noosphere is anything mental. When I say it is mental it does not just mean that it is a thought. It could be a way that humans and animals communicate. In my earlier blog about Cleaveland's 7 Characteristics I mentioned that animals communicate by some form in-order to warn each other of danger or simply to tell where a food source is. Humans do similar communicating. For example, if a friend gives someone directions to where they are or where you are trying to get to they are using a "mental picture" by describing how to get to the destination.

1 comment:

  1. Your post was on the right track-- you just needed more content and an insight (i.e.: "I agreed/ disagreed... A connection was made when I read..., etc.) Also, nice picture.

    ReplyDelete